|Natural and cheap tooth whitening Home|
Bookmark this page
Bookmark this page
Teeth lose their whiteness due to age ,
cavities and eating
certain foods like coffee, tea , colas and berries which stain the teeth.
Tobacco, too much fluoride and certain antibiotics like tetracycline also
cause teeth stains. Tooth whitening is usually done for cosmetic reasons.
Professional treatment recommended by dentists use carbamide peroxide which is converted to hydrogen peroxide by the saliva in the mouth. The hydrogen peroxide then bleaches the stains caused by most natural products. If the treatment is done entirely at the dentists office, additional lasers may be used. The hydrogen peroxide used increases temperature sensitivity in teeth and some products can wear away the enamel of the teeth. Bleaching kits are expensive and often inconvenient , so you can try cheaper natural alternatives.
Strawberries contain an enzyme which is a natural tooth whitener. To use strawberries for whitening teeth, the following processing is to be used
1. Take a few strawberries and make a paste of these strawberries
2. Use a clean toothbrush or your finger to apply the paste to the teeth, so as to form a thick layer and leave the paste on the teeth for 2-5 minutes
3. Wash off the strawberry paste thoroughly including the seeds. Then brush the teeth with a fluoride toothpaste, so that the acid in the strawberry do not affect the teeth.
You can also add baking soda to the strawberry paste for whitening. This preparation should be used only once a week or less frequently, since the malic acid in strawberries can harm the teeth.
To prevent tooth stains and ensure that your teeth remain white the following precautions have to be taken
1. Avoid drinking coffee, tea, cola. The heat from beverages causes small fractures in the teeth. The and if you have to drink beverages, use a straw for sipping. This will minimize the damage to the teeth.
2.Avoid smoking and tobacco products which cause a build up on teeth which is yellowish brown in colour. These stains take a longer time to get bleached.
3. Eat foods that whiten the teeth naturally like apples, celery and carrot. Recurrence of stains can be prevented using broccoli, lettuce and spinach.
© Copyright NK Infobase Discuss aches and pains